Advent Lutheran Church is a congregation committed to faithfulness to the Lord, dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel through a Christ-centered community that nurtures personal spiritual growth, encourages active involvement and provides care, concern and service to others.
Regular Service Times: 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Summer Sunday Services: June through Labor Day at 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
* Note that every service is a Communion service. Advent invites all who wish to come to Christ’s table.
Holy Day and Holiday Services
- New Year’s Eve, December 31 – 7:00 p.m.
- Ash Wednesday service – 7:00 p.m.
- Maundy Thursday service – 7:00 p.m.
- Good Friday – 7:00 p.m. (Tenebrae service)
- Easter Sunday – 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (regular service)
- Thanksgiving Day – 10:00 a.m. – One service only
- Christmas Eve, December 24 – 5:00 p.m., 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm
- Christmas Day, December 25 – 10:00 a.m. – One service only
- Adult Forum follows the 8:00 am service. Held at 9:15 each Sunday in the Church Narthex
- Children’s Sunday School 9:15 a.m. (September through May)
- Soups On – every Wednesday during Advent and Lent at 6:00 p.m. Bring a soup, chili or a dessert to pass. Donations accepted, but not required. Service follows at 7p.m.
- Women’s Bible Study and Quilting (September through May) – at 9:30 each Monday morning
- Women’s Circle – third Thursday of each month (September through May) at 6:30 pm
- Council Meeting – second Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
Our weekly benediction:
“Whether one is rich or poor, educated or illiterate, religious or non believing, man or woman, black, white or brown, we are all the same. Physically, emotionally, and mentally, we are all equal. We all share basic needs for food, shelter, safety and love. We all aspire to happiness and we all shun suffering. Each of us has hopes, worries, fears and dreams. Each of us wants the best for our family and loved ones. We all experience pain when we suffer loss and joy when we achieve what we seek. On this fundamental level, religion, ethnicity, culture and language make no difference.” -Dalai Lama